Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ultimo Beso - Buenos Aires' Best Tea House

I loved my first visit to a restaurant the other day. After getting my retractible leash at Amor Animal we headed over to the nearby Ultimo Beso in the Palermo Soho neighborhood of Buenos Aires. Argentina does not have that many propper tea shops, and Ultimo Beso is by far the most girly and romantic. Its shabby chic mix of furniture blends seamlessly with the outdoor area which is pet (and smoker) friendly. Even though it was still technically winter - burgeoning on spring - the garden at Ultimo Beso was green and sported a few early rose blooms in its trellices. My dads had been here for dinner and, especially, dessert several times before so we knew we were in for a treat. All of the teas are paired with a movie that embodies their flavors, and the menu is perfect for someone looking for a light meal after night after night of steaks. Of course we went there for coffee and tea with a dessert (as a snack before dinner). The brownie with dulce de leche and the lemon pie with a marshmellow topper are both to die for... and my dads had both, as always, while I explored the outdoor area. I can't wait for it to be spring to go back to Ultimo Beso for another delicious snack!
***************Pictures Coming Soon***************

No comments:

Post a Comment